SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, December 31, 2017

My Top 6 New Year's Resolution



I cannot believe that it is the new year! 2017 went by so fast. With the new year comes new traditions, new memories, and new resolutions to help me become a better me! Every year, I like to come up with a small list of my New Year's Resolutions. Ones that are not too crazy or hard that I know I can actually achieve. With all that being said;


Here are my top 6 resolutions:

  1. Spend more time reading and praying
Reading and praying is something that is so very important to me. My relationship with Christ is my number one priority. Although I do read and pray, I feel like I constantly can be doing better in this area, almost like I am slacking. I could be reading and praying more rather than being on my phone or computer as much.
  1. Spend more time with family
Family is another really important factor to me. I think most of us forget how important it is to have a family, and we take it for granted. Sadly, there are people out there who do not have a family or who come from a broken home. This year, I want to spend more time with my loved ones, because I do take for granted the people that I have in my life and the moments that could be spent with them. Although we hear this all the time, Life truly is short, so let's make the most of it and live it to the fullest with the ones we love. 
  1. Worry less about what people will think
I have always struggled with worrying about what people will think of me. I think a lot of this started in high school because people can be mean and say things to hurt you and pick at your self confidence. Which then causes you to shrink down and feel like you are walking on eggshells all the time because you're so scared of what people will think or say. From this day on, I want to live life without worrying about what people will think or say. At the end of the day, all that matters to me is what my loved ones would think and most importantly what God would think.
  1. Spend less money
I spend money on stuff that I really shouldn't, especially being a newly married woman. I want to spend money strictly on stuff that I need rather than want. Which is hard because we try to turn our wants into needs however we see fit. Being smarter with money is definitely something I need to work on.
  1. Start eating healthier - No more fast food
This one is going to be pretty hard for me. My husband and I are always finding an excuse to eat out because "it's something quick and easy". Although I do cook, I don't cook near as much as I should. I love to cook don't get me wrong, sometimes you come home from work tired, and you don't want to prepare a meal. I do want to get in better shape, eat at home and cut out fast food completely.
  1. Stop worrying about the little things
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge worry wart.. I don't just worry about what people think, I also worry about something happening to loved ones every time I hear sirens or if someone broke into my house whenever I hear a noise. The list goes on and on.. It's literally every little thing, which I know is ridiculous because you cannot go through life worrying about what's going to happen. I also know worrying is not of God. God doesn't want you to worry or fear, he wants you to live a life worry free and enjoy the gifts that he's given you. Some of my favorite scriptures about worry and fear says this:

"Do not worry about anything, instead pray about everything." - Philippians 4:6


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow  will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." - Matthew 6:34


"Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10






Post a Comment